Please look over the following instructions carefully and make sure to fill out the application form entirely and include all necessary items of your application for a Marriage Certificate. Please call the Consulate and make an appointment to submit your application in person.
- Fill and sign the Marriage Certificate Application form. pdf;
- The wife and husband should be present with their Afghan IDs (Passport or Tazkira) when delivering the application to the consulate
- Include Nekah Khat, or any other documents certifying their marriage
- Two witnesses to verify the identity of the wife and husband, date and place of marriage, and effectiveness of their marriage must be present
- The witnesses are required to submit a copy of an Afghan passport/Tazkira or a U.S. passport/green card
- Include any supporting documents such as the birth certificate of a son or daughter
- Fee: $50.00 (Fees must be paid by money order only and made payable to the Embassy of Afghanistan)
Download the “Marriage Certificate Application”: Marriage Certificate Application
Please schedule an appointment before coming to the consulate.
2233 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-298-9125 Ext: 8012/8016
PUBLIC WORKING HOURS:
9:30am – 1:30pm (Monday – Friday)