Obtaining Police Records


To obtain a police record during a period of time in Afghanistan, please prepare and submit an application and relevant documents according to the following instructions:

There are two conditions.

  1. If you are applying for your police record through the embassy, while a resident of the United States, please complete this form (the link of below application form) and submit to the consulate department of the Embassy. If you are applying by mail, please notarize the form.
  1. If you have already applied for your police records (or your relatives’) through the Ministry of Interior of Afghanistan in Kabul, please provide us with the applicant’s name and the applicant’s father’s name, the document number issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul, a copy of the applicant’s Valid ID (Passport or Translated National ID), and a $20 money order payable to the embassy of Afghanistan in Washington, DC.

Download the “Police Records Form”Police Records Application Form

IMPORTANT NOTE: be advised that if you are applying by mail, include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope along with your documents. If you are an afghan citizen, please consider that an application to receive your police records is more effective through your relatives in Kabul than applying outside the country.

Please schedule an appointment before coming to the consulate.


2233 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Suite #216
Washington, DC 20007


Tel: 202-298-9125 Ext: 8012/8016


9:30am – 1:30pm (Monday – Friday)